Notice of Intent: Catalog and Digitize Southern Arizona Group Cultural Resource Records
The summary for the Notice of Intent: Catalog and Digitize Southern Arizona Group Cultural Resource Records grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Notice of Intent: Catalog and Digitize Southern Arizona Group Cultural Resource Records: (1) This project provides an archives-focused educational work experience for archives and digital information students which will complement classroom instruction through continuing efforts to assemble and catalog archival collections and improve park and public access to archival information for five Southern Arizona park units, and three additional units as time permits. Students, in cooperation with archivists from the Intermountain Region Museum Services Program will identify and digitize an estimated 30,000 items of archival collections. Any identified records not already cataloged, will be cataloged as accretions to existing collections in the Interior Collections Management System. Digitized records will have metadata embedded and be uploaded to the NPS Data Store and the Southwest Learning Center (when appropriate) to facilitate use. A digital asset management plan, protocols for mining legacy digital archival data, and file plans for each parkâ¿¿s cultural resource records, focusing on archeological and ruins stabilization information, will be developed. This project will provide an ideal forum for students to acquire diverse skills related to the management of archival and digital information and strategies for making those resources available to multiple audiences, while enhancing the studentsâ¿¿ employability in the public or private sector.
|Federal Grant Title:||Notice of Intent: Catalog and Digitize Southern Arizona Group Cultural Resource Records|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P16AS00289|
|Type of Funding:||Information not provided|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Research and Training Programs - Resources of the National Park System|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 3, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 3, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jun 24, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jun 24, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Jul 4, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$77,197|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$77,197|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Information not provided
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This action will result in a task agreement award under the National Park Service Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU). This is a notice of intent and a noncompetitive award in accordance with the Department of Interior 505 Departmental Manual 2.12C. Please see attached announcement for more information.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Kelly Adams
National Park Service 303-969-2348
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Assessing, Monitoring, and Documenting the Status of Plant Species and Communities
- • Large Mammal response to wildfire and landscape-scale forest restoration in the Jemez Moun...
- • Terrestrial Monitoring Intern for the Southeast Coast Network of the NPS Inventory and Mon...
- • FY2017 Historic Preservation Fund - Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- • Collaborate on the Execution of the Annual Work Plan of Blackstone River Valley National H...