Notice of Intent: Developing Skills and Methods for Landscape Scale Inventory and Evaluation of Cultural Resources
The summary for the Notice of Intent: Developing Skills and Methods for Landscape Scale Inventory and Evaluation of Cultural Resources grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Notice of Intent: Developing Skills and Methods for Landscape Scale Inventory and Evaluation of Cultural Resources: Through this cooperative effort, we are proposing to establish a professional development opportunity for students of archaeology and anthropology at the University of New Mexico to gain practical experience and increase their knowledge, skills and abilities in approaching the assessment of cultural resources at the landscape scale. This project would engage students and the University of New Mexico (UNM) Office of Contract Archaeology (OCA) team in the further development and implementation of a landscape-scale database for cultural and natural resources within VALL; the conduct of cultural resource inventories and the establishment of baseline data for future monitoring and management purposes; the development of cultural resource sensitivity modeling tools for inventory sampling, resource location probability, and/or fire/erosion susceptibility; and the professional development of students in all of these tasks.
|Federal Grant Title:||Notice of Intent: Developing Skills and Methods for Landscape Scale Inventory and Evaluation of Cultural Resources|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P16AS00371|
|Type of Funding:||Information not provided|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Research and Training Programs - Resources of the National Park System|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 30, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 30, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jul 21, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jul 21, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 2, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$120,845|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$120,845|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Information not provided
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This action will result in a task agreement award under the National Park Service Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU). This is a notice of intent and a noncompetitive award in accordance with the Department of Interior 505 Departmental Manual 2.12C. Please see attached announcement for more information.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants management Specialist Kelly Adams
National Park Service 303-969-2348
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Assessing, Monitoring, and Documenting the Status of Plant Species and Communities
- • Large Mammal response to wildfire and landscape-scale forest restoration in the Jemez Moun...
- • Terrestrial Monitoring Intern for the Southeast Coast Network of the NPS Inventory and Mon...
- • FY2017 Historic Preservation Fund - Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- • Collaborate on the Execution of the Annual Work Plan of Blackstone River Valley National H...