Notice of Intent: Intergovernmental Internship Cooperative (IIC) Youth Partnership Project 2016
The summary for the Notice of Intent: Intergovernmental Internship Cooperative (IIC) Youth Partnership Project 2016 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Notice of Intent: Intergovernmental Internship Cooperative (IIC) Youth Partnership Project 2016: (1) The IICâ¿¿s mission is to provide a work and project based internship and service learning program to serve the Southern Utah region by matching the needs of land management government agencies with college students and departments seeking meaningful educational opportunities. The IIC cooperative organization is a group of agencies working together to promote professionalism in land stewardship and creates opportunities to conserve and preserve cultural and natural resources while effectively servicing communities and visitors. Students and recent graduates in the IIC receive internship and conservation youth corps experiences working in parks, being mentored by park staff; as interpreters, natural and cultural resource staff, fee collectors, researchers, trail builders, IT staff, administrative staff, and other similar positions. The IIC began in 2007 with a NPS Challenge Cost Share Grant. Since then we have worked through task agreements to implement internships and youth conservation corps in our region in partnership with Cedar Breaks, Bryce Canyon, Pipe Springs, Grand Canyon Parashant, Great Basin, and Zion, regional BLM offices, the Dixie and Fishlake National Forests, Paiute Indian Tribe of Utah, and the Kaibab Bank of Paiute Indians, Utah State Parks, Dixie State University, and the Utah Division of Workforce Services. Together we have hosted 1,296 interns with 424 placed in park units. Below are the NPS Task Agreementâ¿¿s weâ¿¿ve closed since 2011 showing a commitment to ongoing work through our unique partnership structure;
|Federal Grant Title:||Notice of Intent: Intergovernmental Internship Cooperative (IIC) Youth Partnership Project 2016|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P16AS00340|
|Type of Funding:||Information not provided|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Research and Training Programs - Resources of the National Park System|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 23, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 23, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jul 18, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jul 18, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Jul 25, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$609,653|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$609,653|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Information not provided
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This action will result in a task agreement award under the National Park Service Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU). This is a notice of intent and a noncompetitive award in accordance with the Department of Interior 505 Departmental Manual 2.12C. Please see attached announcement for more information.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Kelly Adams
National Park Service 303-969-2348
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Assessing, Monitoring, and Documenting the Status of Plant Species and Communities
- • Large Mammal response to wildfire and landscape-scale forest restoration in the Jemez Moun...
- • Terrestrial Monitoring Intern for the Southeast Coast Network of the NPS Inventory and Mon...
- • FY2017 Historic Preservation Fund - Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- • Collaborate on the Execution of the Annual Work Plan of Blackstone River Valley National H...