Novel Technologies for in Vivo Imaging (R21/R33)
The summary for the Novel Technologies for in Vivo Imaging (R21/R33) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Novel Technologies for in Vivo Imaging (R21/R33): The National Cancer Institute (NCI) invites applications for the development and delivery of novel image acquisition or enhancement technologies and methods for biomedical imaging and image-guided interventions and therapy, and which may incorporate limited pilot or clinical feasibility evaluations using either pre- clinical models or clinical studies. This initiative is primarily intended to facilitate the proof-of-feasibility, development, and delivery of novel imaging technologies for early detection, screening, diagnosis, image-guided interventions, and treatment of various diseases, and, secondarily, to facilitate limited evaluation studies to show proof-of-concept and functionality. The interests of NCI focus on imaging in vivo for cancer pre-conditions, cancer screening, diagnosis, progression, treatment monitoring, recurrence, and image- based surrogate end points. NCIs interests include development and delivery of imaging technologies that are cancer-specific, and optimization and validation of imaging technologies for cancer applications. The scope includes system integration, contrast agents, pre- and post-processing algorithms and software for imaging, image understanding, and related informatics that are cancer specific. This PA is directed toward the development, optimization, and delivery of innovative image acquisition and enhancement methods, including high-risk/high- gain research on technologies, such as: (a) novel single and multimodality molecular imaging systems, methods, agents, and related software and informatics, including the integration of these technologies with emerging biomedical imaging methods for more effective health care delivery for cancer and other diseases and (b) novel single and multimodality anatomical and functional imaging systems, methods, agents, and related software and informatics for more effective health care delivery for cancer and other diseases. In addition, research partnerships among investigators in both academia and device and drug industries are encouraged to more rapidly translate and deliver completed imaging system developments. This solicitation utilizes the Exploratory/Developmental Phased Innovation Award (R21 Phase 1 and R33 Phase 2) grant mechanisms, and runs in parallel with a program announcement of nearly identical scope and intent PA-04-094 (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-04-094 ) that utilizes the Small business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer Research (STTR) award mechanisms based on small business set aside funds. Phased Innovation Awards benefit from expedited evaluation of progress following the Phase 1 exploratory/feasibility study for expedited decision on transition to Phase 2 funding for expanded developmental work.
|Federal Grant Title:||Novel Technologies for in Vivo Imaging (R21/R33)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-04-095|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research 93.395 Cancer Treatment Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Apr 27, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Apr 27, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Aug 01, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$137,500|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.396 -- Cancer Biology Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...