Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity
The summary for the Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity: Purpose: To promote health and prevent diseases. This program addresses the "Healthy People 2010" focus areas of: Chapter 19: Nutrition and Overweight Chapter 22: Physical Activity and Fitness
|Federal Grant Title:||Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Earmark|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP10-1022E|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Assistance Programs for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 17, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 17, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Mar 19, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 19, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jun 16, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||9|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Ft. Valley State University Healthy People Northeast Pennsylvania Initiative Latino Health Access New York Junior Tennis League (Woodside) Pednet Coalition, INC. Thundermist Health Center Valentine Boys and Girls Club of Chicago Watts Healthcare Corporation Texas AgriLife Extension Service (College Station)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical and Information Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
General Email [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Natural Experiments of Policy and Built Environment Impact on Diabetes Risk
- • Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Tobacco Use, Heart Disease, and ass...
- • State Public Health Approaches to Improving Arthritis Outcomes
- • State Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Heart Disease, Obesity and As...
- • Health Promotion and Diabetes Prevention Projects for American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN...
- • National Program To Promote Diabetes Education Strategies in Minority Communities: The Nat...
- • Incidence, Natural History, and Quality of Life of Diabetes in Youth
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...