OJJDP FY 2013 National Mentoring Programs
The summary for the OJJDP FY 2013 National Mentoring Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OJJDP FY 2013 National Mentoring Programs: This solicitation supports national mentoring organizations in their efforts to strengthen and/or expand their existing mentoring activities within local chapters or subawardees. Mentoring activities include direct one-on-one mentoring, group mentoring, or peer mentoring services for at-risk and underserved youth populations. Successful applicants should implement programs that will recognize and address the factors that can lead to or serve as a catalyst for delinquency or other problem behaviors in underserved youth. Expansion of mentoring activities should create new opportunities for mentee achievement. OJJDP expects that this program will be authorized by an Act appropriating FY 2013 funds for the Department of Justice.
|Federal Grant Title:||OJJDP FY 2013 National Mentoring Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OJJDP-2013-3435|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Juvenile Mentoring Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Feb 26, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Feb 26, 2013|
|Archive Date:||May 29, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants are limited to national organizations, defined as having active chapters or subawardees in at least 45 states. For purposes of this solicitation, two or more independent organizations that form a collaborative to cover 45 states do not meet the definition of a national organization. National headquarters organizations must submit applications, and OJJDP requires successful applicants to subaward 90 percent of this award to at least 38 of the states where they have a presence. For-profit organizations must agree to forgo any profit or management fee. Eligible applicants must initiate mentoring services to youth who are 17 years old or younger.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For assistance with any other requirements of this solicitation, contact the Justice Information Center (JIC) at 1–877–927–5657, via e-mail to JIC@telesishq.com, or by live Web chat. JIC hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. eastern time on the solicitation close date.
- Similar Government Grants
- • OJJDP FY 2014 Mentoring for Child Victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation and Domestic S...
- • OJJDP FY 2014 National Mentoring Programs
- • OJJDP FY 2014 Multi-State Mentoring Initiative
- • OJJDP FY 14 Practitioner-Researcher Partnership Mentoring Childrenof Incarcerated Parents ...
- • OJJDP FY 2014 High-Risk Youth Mentoring Research
- • FY 2006 Training and Technical Assistance Program for Mentoring Initiative for System Invo...
- • FY 2006 Mentoring for System Involved Youth
- • FY 2006 Evaluation of Mentoring Initiative for System Involved Youth
- More Grants from the Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention
- • OJJDP FY 17 National Amber Alert Training and Technical Assistant Program
- • OJJDP FY 17 Field-Initiated Research and Evaluation
- • OJJDP FY 17 Internet Crimes Against Children Program Support
- • OJJDP FY 17 National Gang Center
- • OJJDP FY 2014 Enhancements to Juvenile Drug Courts