Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Advanced Placement Test Fee Program CFDA Number 84.330B
The summary for the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Advanced Placement Test Fee Program CFDA Number 84.330B grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Advanced Placement Test Fee Program CFDA Number 84.330B: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The AP Test Fee program awards grants to eligible State educational agencies (SEAs) to enable them to pay all or a portion of advanced placement test fees on behalf of eligible low-income students who (1) are enrolled in an advanced placement course and (2) plan to take an advanced placement exam. The program is designed to increase the number of low-income students who take advanced placement tests and receive scores for which college academic credit is awarded. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.330B. Applications for grants under the AP Test Fee program, CFDA number 84.330B, must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not email an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the AP Test Fee program at www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.330, not 84.330B). On February 15, 2012, we published in the Federal Register (77 FR 8848) a notice inviting applications for the AP Test Fee fiscal year (FY) 2012 competition (February 15 notice). That notice established an April 6, 2012, deadline for eligible applicants to apply for funding under this program. We are reopening the competition to eligible applicants because additional funds have become available. The February 15 notice stated that for FY 2012, the Department expected to award $19,962,200 in new grants under this program. Based on the anticipated number of applicants and other information available to the Department, we expected this amount to be sufficient to pay up to $38 per advanced placement exam for up to three exams per low-income student. An additional $4,750,000 in FY 2012 funds have become available. Based on the anticipated number of applicants and other information available to the Department, we expect the new total amount of funds available for awards, $24,712,200, to be sufficient to pay the full cost of each advanced placement exam, with no limitation on the number of exams per low-income student. We are reopening the FY 2012 competition to give eligible applicants an opportunity to submit revised applications that reflect the new total amount of funds available for new awards.
|Federal Grant Title:||Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Advanced Placement Test Fee Program CFDA Number 84.330B|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-042412-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Advanced Placement Program (Advanced Placement Test Fee; Advanced Placement Incentive Program Grants)|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 04, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 04, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 24, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Apr 24, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 03, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$24,712,200|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||43|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: SEAs in any State, including the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the freely associated states of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Republic of Palau (subject to continued eligibility). Note: For the purposes of this program, the Bureau of Indian Education in the U.S. Department of the Interior is treated as an SEA.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager: Francisco Ramirez U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue SW., room 3E224 Washington, DC 20202-6200. Telephone: (202) 260-1541 or by email: email@example.com.
e-Mail: Program Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Advanced Placement (AP) Test Fee Prog...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE); Advanced Placement Incentive Program ...
- • Advanced Placement Incentive (API) Program
- • Advanced Placement (AP) Test Fee Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...