Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA): National Professional Development (NPD) Program CFDA Number 84.365Z
The summary for the Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA): National Professional Development (NPD) Program CFDA Number 84.365Z grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA): National Professional Development (NPD) Program CFDA Number 84.365Z: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The National Professional Development (NPD) program, authorized by section 3131(c)(1)(C) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (hereafter in this notice referred to as the ESEA), awards grants on a competitive basis, for a period of not more than five years, to institutions of higher education (IHEs) or public or private entities with relevant experience and capacity, in consortia with State educational agencies (SEAs) or local educational agencies (LEAs). The purpose of these grants is to provide professional development activities that will improve classroom instruction for English learners (ELs) and assist educational personnel working with such children to meet high professional standards, including standards for certification and licensure as teachers who work in language instruction educational programs or serve ELs. Grants awarded under this program may be used-- (1) For effective pre-service or inservice professional development programs that will improve the qualifications and skills of educational personnel involved in the education of ELs, including personnel who are not certified or licensed and educational paraprofessionals, and for other activities to increase teacher and school leader effectiveness in meeting the needs of ELs; (2) For the development of program curricula appropriate to the needs of the consortia participants involved; (3) To support strategies that strengthen and increase parent, family, and community member engagement in the education of ELs; (4) To develop, share, and disseminate effective practices in the instruction of ELs and in increasing the student academic achievement of ELs, including the use of technology-based programs; (5) In conjunction with other Federal need-based student financial assistance programs, for financial assistance, including costs related to tuition, fees, and books for enrolling in courses required to complete the degree involved, to meet certification or licensing requirements for teachers who work in language instruction educational programs or serve ELs; and (6) As appropriate, to support strategies that promote school readiness of ELs and their transition from early childhood education programs, such as Head Start or State-run preschool programs, to elementary school programs. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.365Z. Applications for grants under the NPD program, CFDA number 84.365Z, must be submitted electronically using the Grants.gov Apply site (Grants.gov). Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not email an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the NPD program at www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this competition by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.365, not 84.365Z).
|Federal Grant Title:||Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA): National Professional Development (NPD) Program CFDA Number 84.365Z|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education (ED)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-022117-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 24th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 24th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||February 21st, 2017|
|Creation Date:||February 21st, 2017|
|Archive Date:||May 24th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$20,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||44|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 21st, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Entities eligible to apply for NPD grants are IHEs, or public or private entities with relevant experience and capacity, in consortia with LEAs or SEAs.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA): National Professional Development (NPD) Program CFDA Number 84.365Z; Notice inviting applications for new awards for fiscal year (FY) 2017
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin.
U.S. Department of Education,
400 Maryland Avenue SW., Room 5C152,
Washington, DC 20202.
Telephone: (202) 401-4300. FAX: (202) 205-1229 or by email at NPD2017@ed.gov.
e-Mail: Program Mailbox
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA): Native American and Alaska Native Children ...
- • Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA): National Professional Development Program C...
- • Office of EnglishLanguage Acquisition, Language Enhancement, and Academic Achievement for ...
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-011911-001
- • Native American and Alaska Native Children in School Program
- • Native American and Alaska Native Children in School Program CFDA 84.365C
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...