Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships Program CFDA Number 84.015B
The summary for the Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships Program CFDA Number 84.015B grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships Program CFDA Number 84.015B: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Note: This notice invites applications for two separate competitions. For funding and other key information for the two competitions, see the Award Information section of this notice. Purpose of Programs: The NRC Program provides grants to institutions of higher education and consortia of such institutions to establish, strengthen, and operate comprehensive and undergraduate foreign language and area or international studies centers to serve as national resources for (a) teaching of any modern foreign language; (b) instruction in fields needed to provide full understanding of areas, regions, or countries in which the modern foreign language is commonly used; (c) research and training in international studies and international and foreign language aspects of professional and other fields of study; and (d) instruction and research on issues in world affairs that concern one or more countries. The FLAS Program allocates academic year and summer fellowships to institutions of higher education and consortia of institutions of higher education to assist meritorious undergraduate and graduate students undergoing training in modern foreign languages and related area or international studies. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Numbers: 84.015A and 84.015B. Address To Request Application Package: Monet Peterson-Cox, U.S. Department of Education, 1990 K Street, NW., Room 6089, Washington, DC 20006. Telephone: (202) 502-7726 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for grants under these competitions must be submitted in paper format by mail or hand delivery. For information (including dates and times) about how to submit your application by mail or hand delivery, please refer to section IV. 7. Other Submission Requirements in this notice.
|Federal Grant Title:||Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships Program CFDA Number 84.015B|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-053014-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Resource Centers Program for Foreign Language and Area Studies or Foreign Language and International Studies Pr|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2014 Applications Available: May 30, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2014 Applications Available: May 30, 2014|
|Posted Date:||May 30, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 30, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,398,500|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||108|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: An institution of higher education or consortia of institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships Program CFDA Number 84.015B; Notice inviting applications for new awards for fiscal year (FY) 2014
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin.
Program Managers: The following persons on the NRC/FLAS team:
Tim Duvall, Telephone: (202) 502-7622 or by email: Tim.email@example.com;
Cheryl E. Gibbs, Telephone: (202) 502-7634 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Kate Maloney, Telephone: (202) 502-7521 or by email: email@example.com; or Stephanie McKissic, Telephone: (202) 502-7589 or by email:firstname.lastname@example.org,
U.S. Department of Education,
1990 K Street NW.
Washington, DC 20006-8521.
e-Mail: Program Manager
Department of Education 202 708 5660
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE):National Resource Centers Program CFDA Number 84.0...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education; Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships Pr...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education; National Resource Centers (NRC) Program for Foreign Lan...
- • National Resource Centers (NRC) Program for Foreign Language and Area Studies or Foreign L...
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...