Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS)): Centers for Independent Living CFDA Number 84.400A
The summary for the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS)): Centers for Independent Living CFDA Number 84.400A grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS)): Centers for Independent Living CFDA Number 84.400A: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: This program provides support for planning, conducting, administering, and evaluating centers for independent living (CILs) that comply with the standards and assurances in section 725 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (Act), consistent with the design included in the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) for establishing a statewide network of CILs. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.132A. Applications for grants under the Centers for Independent Living Program--CFDA Numbers 84.400A and 84.132A must be submitted electronically using e-Application, accessible through the Department's e-Grants Web site at: http://e-grants.ed.gov. While completing your electronic application, you will be entering data online that will be saved into a database. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us.
|Federal Grant Title:||Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS)): Centers for Independent Living CFDA Number 84.400A|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Grant Categories:||Education Recovery Act|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-051010-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Independent Living, Recovery Act.|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 09, 2010 Appli|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 09, 2010 Appli|
|Posted Date:||May 10, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 10, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 09, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,229,435|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,330,310|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||26|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 1. Eligible Applicants: To be eligible to apply, an applicant must-- (a) Be a consumer-controlled, community-based, cross-disability, nonresidential, private nonprofit agency; (b) Have the power and authority to-- (1) Carry out the purpose of part C of title VII of the Act and perform the functions listed in section 725(b) and (c) of the Act and subparts F and G of 34 CFR part 366 within a community located within any State in which the Secretary has approved the State Plan required by section 704 of the Act or in a bordering State; and (2) Receive and administer-- (i) Funds under 34 CFR part 366; (ii) Funds and contributions from private or public sources that may be used in support of a center; and (iii) Funds from other public and private programs; (c) Be able to plan, conduct, administer, and evaluate a center consistent with the standards and assurances in section 725(b) and (c) of the Act and subparts F and G of 34 CFR part 366; (d) Either-- (1) Not currently be receiving funds under part C of chapter 1 of title VII of the Act; or (2) Propose the expansion of an existing center through the establishment of a separate and complete center (except that the governing board of the existing center may serve as the governing board of the new center) at a different geographical location; (e) Propose to serve one or more of the geographic areas that are identified as unserved or underserved by the States and territories listed under Estimated Number of Awards in this notice; and (f) Submit appropriate documentation demonstrating that the establishment of a new center is consistent with the design for establishing a statewide network of centers in the State plan of the State or territory whose geographic area or areas the applicant proposes to serve.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 email@example.com Program Manager: Sean Barrett U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 5016 Potomace Center Plaza (PCP) Washington, DC 20202-2800 Telephone: (202) 245-7604 or by e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services: Centers for Independent Living Pr...
- • Centers for Independent Living CFDA 84.400 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 ...
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...