Older Worker Demonstration
The summary for the Older Worker Demonstration grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Older Worker Demonstration: The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Employment and Training Administration (ETA) announces the availability of approximately $10 million in funds for Older Worker Demonstration Grants. These grants will be awarded though a competitive process as a part of the High Growth Job Training Initiative (HGJTI). The grants are intended to address the workforce challenges facing older individuals by developing models for talent development in regional economies that recognize older workers as a valuable labor pool and include employment and training strategies to retain and/or connect older workers to jobs in high growth, high demand industries critical to the regional economy. Grants awarded under the Older Worker Demonstration should focus on providing training and related services for individuals age 55 and older that result in employment and advancement opportunities in high growth industries and economic sectors. The proposed strategies must take place in the context of regional talent development efforts designed to contribute to a strong regional economy, and must be developed and implemented by a strategic regional partnership. The preferred eligible applicants for this solicitation are entities that represent the local workforce investment system, but other entities may apply. It is anticipated that the number of awards will range from 10 to 13, with award amounts ranging from $750,000 to $1,000,000.
|Federal Grant Title:||Older Worker Demonstration|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-DFA-PY-08-06|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||H-1B High Growth Job Training Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 19, 2009 The c|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 19, 2009 The c|
|Posted Date:||Dec 19, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 19, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Mar 21, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The preferred applicant for this solicitation is a legal entity that represents the local workforce investment system as follows: A Local Workforce Investment Board (LWIB), as established under Section 117 of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) (Pub. L. 105-220), that has been incorporated; or In areas where the LWIB is not incorporated, the legal entity that serves as the fiscal agent for the local workforce investment area. Other applicants for this solicitation may include: A non-LWIB entity with the concurrence from the LWIB (this would require evidence of the board's support and involvement in the project along with a letter of concurrence). All other applicants without a letter of concurrence from the LWIB (such applicants must demonstrate how the proposed activities will be connected to the region's talent and economic development strategies, including improvement of services to older workers through the LWIB).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Melissa Abdullah Grants Management Specialist Phone 2026933346
Melissa Abdullah [Abdullah.Melissa@dol.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Strengthening Working Families Initiative
- • Tech Hire Partnership Grants
- • Comprehensive Program of Support for American Apprenticeship Initiative Grantees
- • American Apprenticeship Initiative
- • H1-B READY TO WORK PARTNERSHIP GRANTS
- • Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic Development (WIRED) Initiative - Third Generatio...
- • High Growth Job Training Initiative Grants for the Long-Term Care Sector of the Health Car...
- • Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Opportunities in the Workforce Sy...
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • Health Coverage Tax Credit
- • Reemployment & System Integration Dislocated Worker Grants
- • Department Of Labor Research And Evaluation Grants
- • Portable Retirement Benefits Planning
- • Linking To Employment Activities Pre-release Through Specialized American Job Centers (ajc...