Operate Environmental Education Programs - INDU
The summary for the Operate Environmental Education Programs - INDU grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Operate Environmental Education Programs - INDU: Department of the Interior Policy (505 DM 2) requires a written justification which explains why competition is not practicable for each single-source award. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service (NPS), intention to fund the following project activities without competition. The proposed project is a continuation of activities implemented through a longstanding partnership with Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. The Dunes Learning Center has been working with the NPS for 15 years as part of an ongoing collaborative effort to design and develop programming for schools, youth and adults. The Dunes Learning Center is uniquely qualified to perform the activity based upon several factors including proximity to those they serve and the national lakeshore, capacity to engage a base of volunteer and financial support for outreach and projects for people of all ages, and technical expertise and experience in attracting audiences and delivering effective environmental-focused curricula. The Learning Center works with school districts years in advance to schedule residential programming and have work closely with the NPS to develop, implement and evaluate high quality curriculum focused on inspiring curiosity, scientific literacy and environmental stewardship through hands-on learning in the dunes, for children and adults. For many students, programs such as the summer camps provide a first-time away from home and the chance to see Lake Michigan and a beginning to understand their role as a steward of their environment.
|Federal Grant Title:||Operate Environmental Education Programs - INDU|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOIP17AC00129|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 20th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 20th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||January 9th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||January 9th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||February 19th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$800,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$160,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 9th, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- NOTICE OF INTENT TO FUND - This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service (NPS), intention to fund the following project activities without competition.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service (NPS), intention to fund the following project activities without competition.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julie Hendricks
Lead Grants Management Specialist
Contact via email
- Similar Government Grants
- • Educational program emphasizing the cultural and natural resources of Glacier National Par...
- • Lower B500 Road Removal in Redwood National Park
- • Historical Ecology to Understand Human Responses to Environmental and Climate Change: Rese...
- • Cooperative Agreement with Golden Gate National parks Conservancy and Golden Gate National...
- • Maintenance of Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural NHS
- • Hot Springs National Park
- • Assess and Report on economic impact of Federal Historic Tax Credits
- • American Institute of Architects cooperative agreement
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area