Operations and Visitor Services at Franklin Canyon Park
The summary for the Operations and Visitor Services at Franklin Canyon Park grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Operations and Visitor Services at Franklin Canyon Park: This Cooperative Agreement supports the operation of two visitor center facilities on NPS lands, the William O Douglas Outdoor Classroom (WODOC) and the Sooky Goldman Nature Center and Museum. Together, the centers provide visitor orientation and trip-planning, exhibits on the cultural and natural history of the Santa Monica Mountains and regularly-scheduled interpretative programming and interactive visitor activities to the general public and local schools of all ages. Currently, Franklin Canyon Park serves over 10,000 Los Angeles Unified School District students through 55-meticulously planned, yearly school and public programming. This Cooperative Agreement also provides standardized signs to assist the public with wayfinding, regulations, and hazards during recreational activities, as well as the critical need for maintenance of NPS-owned grounds including, but not limited to: an ADA-accessible duck pond; 1.6 miles of paved mountain road; 4.4 miles of trails; walkways; and multiple buildings, such as the visitor center, amphitheater, administrative buildings, and housing.
|Federal Grant Title:||Operations and Visitor Services at Franklin Canyon Park|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P18AS00694|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 28th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 28th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||September 14th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||September 14th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||October 13th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$32,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$168,300|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 14th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Financial Assistance Agreements Specialist Paula Owens 805-370-2300
- Similar Government Grants
- • Educational program emphasizing the cultural and natural resources of Glacier National Par...
- • Lower B500 Road Removal in Redwood National Park
- • Historical Ecology to Understand Human Responses to Environmental and Climate Change: Rese...
- • Cooperative Agreement with Golden Gate National parks Conservancy and Golden Gate National...
- • Maintenance of Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural NHS
- • Hot Springs National Park
- • Assess and Report on economic impact of Federal Historic Tax Credits
- • American Institute of Architects cooperative agreement
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area