The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-033109-001 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-033109-001: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html.Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The Territories and Freely Associated States Education Grant (T&FASEG) program supports projects to raise student achievement through direct educational services. Grants are awarded competitively to local educational agencies (LEAs) in the U.S. Territories (American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and the Republic of Palau. The LEA may use grant funds to carry out activities authorized by the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA), including teacher training, curriculum development, the development or acquisition of instructional materials, and general school improvement and reform. Under the T&FASEG program, the Secretary awards grants for projects to-- (a) Conduct activities consistent with the programs described in the ESEA, including the types of activities authorized under-- (1) Title I of the ESEA--Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged. (2) Title II of the ESEA--Preparing, Training, and Recruiting High-Quality Teachers and Principals. (3) Title III of the ESEA--Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students. (4) Title IV of the ESEA--21st Century Schools. (5) Title V of the ESEA--Promoting Informed Parental Choice and Innovative Programs; and (b) Provide direct educational services that assist all students with meeting challenging State academic achievement standards. Note: The Secretary interprets the term ``direct educational services'' to mean-- (1) Activities that are designed to improve student achievement or the quality of education; and (2) Instructional services for students and teacher training. Note: The full text of the ESEA can be found on the Internet at: http://www.ed.gov/legislation/ESEA02/.Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.256A.Applications for grants under the Territories and Freely Associated States Education Grant Program competition, CFDA number 84.256A, must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at http://www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the Territories and Freely Associated States Education Grant Program at http://www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this competition by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.256, not 84.256A). the telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-033109-001|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-033109-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Freely Associated States_Education Grant Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 10, 2009 Appl|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 10, 2009 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Mar 31, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Apr 13, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jul 10, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: LEAs in American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Republic of Palau.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton Grants.gov FIND Systems Adminstrator Phone 202-245-6140 email@example.com Program Managers: Valerie Rogers U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 3W241 Washington, DC 20202-6140 Telephone: (202) 260-2543 or by e-mail: Valerie.Rogers@ed.gov or Donna Sabis-Burns U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 3W219 Washington, DC 20202-6400 Telephone: (202) 260-1425 or e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Manager [Donna.Sabis-Burns@ed.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Territories and Freely Associated Sta...
- • Territories and Freely Associated States Education Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...