The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-081709-001 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-081709-001: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html.Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: To provide grants for emergency repairs and modernization of school facilities to certain local educational agencies (LEAs) that submitted timely applications eligible for funding under either section 8002 (Payments for Federal Property) or section 8003 (Basic Support Payments) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA), for FY 2008. Funds awarded under this competition are appropriated under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Public Law 111-5 (ARRA).Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.401.Applications for grants under the ARRA Impact Aid Discretionary Construction Grant Program, CFDA number 84.401, must be submitted electronically using e-Application, accessible through the Department's e-Grants system, accessible through the e-Grants Web site at: http://e-grants.ed.gov. While completing your electronic application, you will be entering data online that will be saved into a database. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-081709-001|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Grant Categories:||Education Recovery Act|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-081709-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Impact Aid Construction|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 08, 2009 Applications Availabl|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 01, 2009 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Aug 17, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 25, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Nov 07, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$59,400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||24|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Under Section 8005(b)(4) of the Recovery Act, an LEA is eligible to receive a grant under this competition if the LEA timely submitted an application eligible for funding under either Section 8002 (Payments for Federal Property) or Section 8003 (Basic Support Payments) for FY 2008; and has a total assessed value of real property available that may be taxed for school purposes (referred to hereinafter as assessed value) of less than $100 million or has an average assessed value per pupil that is less than the State average assessed value per pupil. Applicants may submit only one application for one facility within the LEA.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager: Kristen Walls-Rivas Impact Aid Program U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 3C155 Washington, DC 20202-6244 Telephone: (202) 260-3858 or by e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Mailbox [Impact.Aid@ed.gov]
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS): Office of Special Educati...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Upward Bound Math and Science Program CFDA Number...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Expanding Opportunity Through Quality Charter ...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abr...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): College Assistance Migrant Program (C...