The summary for the Opportunity EP-HIT-09-001 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity EP-HIT-09-001: The State Cooperative Agreements to Promote Health Information Technology: Planning and Implementation Projects are to advance appropriate and secure health information exchange (HIE) across the health care system. Awards will be made in the form of cooperative agreements to states or qualified State Designated Entities (SDEs). The purpose of this program is to continuously improve and expand HIE services over time to reach all health care providers in an effort to improve the quality and efficiency of health care. Cooperative agreement recipients will evolve and advance the necessary governance, policies, technical services, business operations and financing mechanisms for HIE over a four year performance period. This program will build off of existing efforts to advance regional and state level HIE while moving towards nationwide interoperability.Total funding for this initiative is $564,000,000. States (including territories) or their non-profit SDEs may apply, as designated by the state. No more than one award will be made per state. States may choose in enter into multi-state arrangements.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity EP-HIT-09-001|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Grant Categories:||Recovery Act|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EP-HIT-09-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||State Grants to Promote Health Information Technology|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 16, 2009 Full|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 16, 2009 Full|
|Posted Date:||Aug 20, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 21, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Nov 15, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$564,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$4,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||50|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726 Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants.gov Customer Support [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Advance Interoperable Health Information Technology Services to Support Health Information...
- • American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, State Grants to Promote Health Information...
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project