The summary for the Opportunity FOA-OC-HIT-10-001 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of the National Coordinator, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity FOA-OC-HIT-10-001: The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, under Section 3016 of the Public Health Service Act (PHSA), Information Technology Professionals in Health Care, authorizes "assistance to institutions of higher education (or consortia thereof) to establish or expand health informatics education programs, including certification, undergraduate, and masters degree programs, for both health care and information technology students to ensure the rapid and effective utilization and development of health information technologies in the United States health care infrastructure." The program established under Section 3016 will consist of at least two programmatic components, to be described in separate Funding Opportunity Announcements.This funding opportunity, one component of the workforce program, will provide $10 million in grants to institutions of higher education (or consortia thereof) to support health information technology (health IT) curriculum development. ONC plans to make up to 5 grant awards that will support curriculum development to enhance programs of workforce training primarily at the community college level. The materials developed under this program will be used by the member colleges of the five regional consortia as well as be available to institutions of higher education across the country.A companion workforce program, Funding Opportunity Announcement EP-HIT-10-001, "Community College Consortia to Educate Information Technology Professionals in Health Care," describes a new grant program under Section 3016 of the HITECH Act that is designed to prepare trainees with relevant prior experience in six-month intensive courses of instruction at community colleges. Preparation for the roles targeted by this program requires knowledge of information technology (IT), health care, practice workflow, practice redesign and quality improvement techniques. The programs will be flexibly implemented to provide each trainee the exact skills and knowledge he or she needs. For example, someone entering the program with a health background would concentrate on acquiring IT skills and workflow redesign capabilities, rather than content knowledge related to health care.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity FOA-OC-HIT-10-001|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of the National Coordinator|
|Grant Categories:||Health Recovery Act|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FOA-OC-HIT-10-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||ARRA Health Information Technology Professionals in Health Care|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 14, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 14, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Dec 02, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Dec 15, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 13, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Domestic institutions of higher education (or consortia thereof) are eligible to apply for an award under this funding opportunity.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Michelle Murray Project Officer U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
Project Officer [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Workforce Training to Educate Health Care Professionals in Health Information Technology
- • Information Technology Professionals in Health Care: Community College Consortia to Educat...
- • University-Based Training of Health Information Technology Professionals
- • American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Information Technology Professionals in He...
- • Recovery Act: Community College Consortia to Educate Health Information Technology Profess...
- More Grants from the Office of the National Coordinator
- • Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) USA Cooperative Agreement Program
- • Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement - Recognized Coordinating Entity (RCE) Coo...
- • Enhancing the Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes Standard to Support U.S. Int...
- • Leading Edge Acceleration Projects (LEAP) in Health Information Technology
- • TEST