The summary for the Opportunity HHS-2008-IHS-NU-0001 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Indian Health Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity HHS-2008-IHS-NU-0001: The Indian Health Service (IHS), Office of Clinical and Preventive Services, Division of Nursing Services, announces a competitive grant application for existing and new grantees under the Nursing Education Program for American Indians/Alaska Natives (AI/ANs). This program is authorized under Section 112 of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act, Public Law 94-437 as amended. This program is described at 93.970 in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA). The purpose of the Nursing Program Schools of Nursing is to increase the number of nurses, nurse midwives, nurse anesthetists, and nurse practitioners who deliver health care services to AI/ANs. The primary objectives of this grant award are to 1) recruit and train AI/AN individuals to be nurses (Graduate and Undergraduate), 2) provide scholarships to AI/AN individuals enrolled in schools of nursing to pay tuition, books, fees, and stipends for living expenses; 3) provide a program that encourages AI/AN nurses (Graduate and Undergraduate), to provide or continue to provide, health care services in AI/AN health care programs, and 4) provide a program that increases the skills of, and provides continuing education to AI/AN nurses (Graduate and Undergraduate). Each proposal must respond to all of the above four objectives. The awards will be based on the following: At least one project to a public or private college or university school of nursing, which provides for a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP), or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), degree in nurse midwifery, nurse practitioner, nurse anesthesia, or nursing-healthcare administration, not to exceed $350,000 per year up to a project period of five years. At least one project to a public, private, college or university program of nursing, which provides for an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), not to exceed $335,000 per year up to a project period of five years. At least one project to a Tribally controlled community college or university that has a formal bridge program agreement to a college or university at which AI/AN students can complete an ADN, BSN, or MSN/DNP degree, not to exceed $300,000 per year up to a project period of five years.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity HHS-2008-IHS-NU-0001|
|Federal Agency Name:||Indian Health Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2008-IHS-NU-0001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Health Professions Recruitment Program for Indians|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 08, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 08, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jul 01, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jul 01, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Sep 07, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,335,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$337,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- A. Public or private schools of nursing, B. Tribally controlled community college nursing programs and Tribally controlled post-secondary vocational institutions (as defined in 20 U.S.C 2397h (2)). C. All organizations providing for the ADN, BSN, MSN or DNP to AI/AN students.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Norma Jean DunneNormaJean.Dunne@ihs.gov
Norma Jean Dunne [NormaJean.Dunne@ihs.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • American Indians into Psychology
- • American Indians Into Medicine
- • American Indians into Nursing
- • Medical Professionals Recruitment and Continuing Education Programs
- • Indians Into Medicine Program
- • American Indians Into Psychology
- • Notice of Competitive Grant Applications for American Indians Into Psychology Program.
- More Grants from the Indian Health Service
- • Injury Prevention Program
- • Methamphetamine and Suicide Prevention Initiative - Generation Indigenous (Gen-I) Initiavi...
- • National Native Health Research Training Initiative
- • National Indian Health Outreach and Education III - Health Reform
- • National Indian Health Outreach and Education