The summary for the Opportunity HRSA-10-008 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity HRSA-10-008: The purpose of this funding is to provide, on an ongoing outpatient basis, high quality early intervention services/primary care to individuals with HIV infection. These services become part of a continuum of HIV prevention and care for individuals who are at risk for HIV infections or are HIV infected. All early intervention services (EIS) programs must provide: HIV counseling and testing; counseling and education on living with HIV; appropriate medical evaluation and clinical care; and other essential services such as oral health care, outpatient mental health services, outpatient substance abuse services and nutritional services, and appropriate referrals for specialty services. For the EIS Grants, a major focus is on increasing access to HIV primary care and support services for communities of color. Funding available through the Minority AIDS Initiative has improved our ability to fund indigenous organizations and those serving communities of color to deliver and implement culturally/linguistically proficient primary care HIV services. Funding preferences have been established for organizations serving communities of color that are highly affected by HIV/AIDS in an effort to improve care, and reduce disparities in health outcomes.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity HRSA-10-008|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-10-008|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Grants to Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services with Respect to HIV Disease|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 16, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 16, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Oct 22, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Dec 14, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,627,505|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||73|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible entities include public or private non-profit entities. These may include but are not limited to: Federally Qualified Health Centers under section 1905(l)(2)(B) of the Social Security Act; Family planning agencies under Section 1001 of the PHS Act, other than States; Rural Health Clinics; Health facilities operated by or under contract to the Indian Health Services; Community-based organizations, clinics, hospitals and other health facilities that provide early intervention services to those persons infected with HIV/AIDS through intravenous drug use; or Nonprofit private entities that currently provide comprehensive primary care services to populations at risk of HIV disease, including faith-based and community-based organizations Applicants are limited to currently funded Part C programs whose project periods expire on March 31, 2010 or June 30, 2010 and new organizations proposing to replace the current grantee. New organizations must demonstrate that they will serve the existing patients, populations, scope of services and service areas currently served by the grantee they intend to replace. Service areas for grantees with project periods ending 3/31/2010: AR, (Crittenden, Cross, Lee, Monroe, St. Francis, Woodruff) AR, (Baxter, Clay, Cleburne, Craighead, Fulton, Greene, Izard, Jackson, Lawrence, Marion, Poinsett, Randolph, Searcy, Sharp, Stone, Van Buren, White) AZ, (Pima) CA, (Sacramento) CA, (Fresno) CA, (Solano) CA, (Los Angeles, Ontonagon) CA, (Ventura) CO, (Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Larimer, Weld) CT, (Hartford, Middlesex, New Haven, New London) CT, (New London, Tolland, Windham) CT, (New Haven) Washington, DC, (District Of Columbia) FL, (Franklin, Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Taylor, Wakulla) FL, (Dade) FL, (Martin, St. Lucie) FL, (Dade) FL, (Manatee) FL, (Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, Volusia) GA, (Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Jackson, Madison, Morgan, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Walton) Dekalb County Board Of Health, Decatur, GA, (Dekalb) GA, (Ben Hill, Berrien, Brooks, Cook, Echols, Irwin, Lanier, Lowndes, Tift, Turner) Lawndale Christian Health Center, Chicago, IL, (Cook) IL, (Cook, Dekalb, Dupage, Henry, Kane, Kendall, Lake) IN, (Lake) KY, (Indiana: Vanderburgh; Kentucky: Daviess, Henderson, Union, Webster) KY, (Adair, Anderson, Bath, Bell, Bourbon, Boyd, Boyle, Bracken, Breathitt, Carter, Clark, Clay,Clinton, Cumberland, Elliott, Estill, Fayette, Fleming, Floyd, Franklin,.........
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part C Capacity Development Program
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part C HIV Early Intervention Services Program: New Geographic...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part C HIV Early Intervention Services Program: Existing Geogr...
- • Title III Capacity Development
- • Title Iii: Categorical Grant Program to Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services wit...
- • Title III: Categorical Grant Program To Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services Wit...
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care