The summary for the Opportunity HRSA-11-089 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity HRSA-11-089: The purpose of the Rural Health Network Development Grant Program is to expand access to, coordinate and improve the quality of essential health care services, and enhance the delivery of health care in rural areas. These grants support rural providers who work in formal networks, alliances, coalitions or partnerships to integrate administrative, clinical, technological, and financial functions. Funds provided through this program are not used for direct delivery of services. The ultimate goal is to strengthen the rural health care delivery system by 1) improving the viability of the individual providers in the network, and/or 2) improving the delivery of care to people served by the network. Networks must consist of at least three separately owned entities, and each must sign a memorandum of agreement or similar document. Upon completion of the grant program, a network should have completed a thorough strategic planning process, business planning process, be able to clearly articulate the benefits of the network to its network partners/members and to the community it serves, and have a sound strategy in place for sustaining its operations. Some anticipated outcomes of supporting the development of rural health networks include: Achieving economies of scale and cost efficiencies of certain administrative functions Increasing the financial viability of the network; enhancing workforce recruitment and retention Sharing staff and expertise across network members; enhancing the continuum of care Providing services to the underinsured and uninsured; improving access to capital and technologies Ensuring continuous quality improvement of the care provided by network members Enhancing the ability of network members to respond positively to rapid and fundamental changes in the health care environment The Network Development Grant Program was started in 1997 with 34 grantees and $6.1 million. To-date, the program has awarded almost $89 million to support 210 Network Development grants. The Network Development program supports HRSA goals of improving access and quality of health care, improving health outcomes, and improving public health and health care systems. The Program also supports HHS goals to improve the safety, quality, affordability and accessibility of health care; and to promote the economic and social well-being of individuals, families, and communities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity HRSA-11-089|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-11-089|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Rural Health Care Services Outreach, Rural Health Network Development and Small Health Care Provider Quality Improvemen|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 18, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 18, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Aug 26, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Nov 18, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jan 17, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- To be eligible for an RHND Grant, the applicant organization must meet the following requirements: (1) The applicant organization must be a public or private non-profit entity located in a rural area; (2) The network is composed of at least three separate, existing organizations; (3) The Network organizational relationship is formal; and (4) All network members demonstrate a strong and measurable commitment to the network and share a history of collaboration and accomplishment commensurate with the network's developmental stage. For additional eligibility criteria, please refer to the funding opportunity announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Rural Health Network Development Program
- • Rural Health Network Development Planning Program
- • Rural Network Allied Health Training Program
- • Delta States Rural Development Network Grant Program
- • Small Health Care Provider Quality Improvement Program
- • Rural Health Network Development Grant Program
- • Rural Health Network Development Planning Grant Program
- • RHND Grant Program
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Maternal and Child Environmental Health Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network (...
- • Centers of Excellence (COE)
- • Maternal and Child Environmental Health Network
- • Advanced Nursing Education Workforce (ANEW) Program
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part B AIDS Drug Assistance Program Training and Technical Ass...