The summary for the Opportunity PA-06-042 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PA-06-042: The purpose of the Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA) program is to stimulate research in educational institutions that provide baccalaureate or advanced degrees for a significant number of the Nation's research scientists, but that have not been major recipients of NIH support. These AREA grants create opportunities for scientists and institutions otherwise unlikely to participate extensively in NIH programs, to contribute to the Nation's biomedical and behavioral research effort. AREA grants are intended to support small-scale health-related research projects proposed by faculty members of eligible, domestic institutions. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. This funding opportunity will use the R15 mechanism. Eligible organizations include all public or private institutions and components of institutions such as health professional schools/colleges and other academic components of domestic institutions offering baccalaureate or advanced degrees in the sciences related to health, except those that have received research grants and/or cooperative agreements from the NIH totaling more than $3 million per year (in both direct and indirect costs) in each of four (4) or more of the last seven (7) years.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PA-06-042|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-042|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2010 Mult|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2009 Multi|
|Posted Date:||Oct 26, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Sep 22, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- You may submit (an) application(s) if your domestic organization has any of the following characteristics: Public or private institutions and components of institutions defined below as health professional schools/colleges and other academic components. Applicant Schools/Components: The applicant organization must offer baccalaureate or advanced degrees in the sciences related to biomedical and behavioral and meet the requirement of receiving research grants and/or cooperative agreements from the NIH totaling not more than $3 million per year (in both direct and F&A/indirect costs) in each of four (4) or more of the last seven (7) years. Note that this criterion of financial eligibility is based on the amount of NIH research grant monies received, not by the institution (university or college) as a whole, but by the individual school/college or aggregation of "other academic components" (see definition below) where the PD/PI has an appointment (e.g., School of Medicine, College of Nursing, etc.). To determine the eligibility of a school or component with regard to this requirement, applicants should consult the list of ineligible schools/components on the AREA program Web site at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/area.htm. If the name of the school does not appear on the list, it may be eligible to apply for AREA grants. Applicants should check with their own institutions if unsure. Although foreign institutions are not eligible, applications may include a foreign collaboration, component, or consortium.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Webmaster, NIH, Webmaster, Phone not available, Fax not available, Email FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov
Webmaster, NIH [FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organotypic Culture Models developed from Experimental Animals for Chemical Toxicity Scree...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R21 Cl...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R01 Cl...
- • The Intersection of Sex and Gender Influences on Health and Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Op...
- • Limited Competition: Specialized Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...