The summary for the Opportunity PA-08-227 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PA-08-227: -Purpose: The National Institutes of Health (NIH) will award Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Short-Term Institutional Research Training Grants (T35) to eligible institutions to develop or enhance research training opportunities for individuals interested in careers in biomedical, behavioral and clinical research. Many of the NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs) use this grant mechanism exclusively to support intensive, short-term research training experiences for students in health professional schools during the summer. In addition, the Short-Term Institutional Research Training Grant may be used to support other types of predoctoral and postdoctoral training in focused, often emerging scientific areas relevant to the mission of the funding IC. The proposed training must be in either basic, behavioral or clinical research aspects of the health-related sciences. This program is intended to encourage graduate and/or health professional students to pursue research careers by exposure to and short-term involvement in the health- related sciences. The training should be of sufficient depth to enable the trainees, upon completion of the program, to have a thorough exposure to the principles underlying the conduct of research. -Mechanism of Support: This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will utilize the Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Short-Term Institutional Research Training Grants (T35).-Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards: The number of applications funded will vary and depend upon the number of meritorious applications determined by the official review process.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PA-08-227|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-08-227|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||NIEHS Hazardous Waste Worker Health and Safety Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Dec 03, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 29, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ebola Biosafety and Infectious Disease Response Training (UH4)
- • SBIR E-learning for HAZMAT and Emergency Response (R43/R44)
- • Administrative Supplements for Ebola Biosafety and Infectious Disease Response Training (A...
- • Hazardous Materials Worker Health and Safety Training (U45)
- • Hazmat Training at DOE Nuclear Weapons Complex (UH4)
- • Hazardous Materials Worker Health and Safety Training
- • Hazmat Training at Doe Nuclear Weapons Complex
- • SBIR E-learning for HAZMAT and Emergency Response (SBIR [R43/R44])
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)