The summary for the Opportunity PAR-09-224 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PAR-09-224: Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), issued by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), the National Institute on Aging (NIA), the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of the Director (OD) Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS), encourages innovative research to enhance the quality of measurements of dietary intake and physical activity. Applications submitted under this FOA may include development of: novel assessment approaches; better methods to evaluate instruments; assessment tools for culturally diverse populations or various age groups, including older adults; improved technology or applications of existing technology; statistical methods to assess or correct for measurement errors or biases, methods to investigate the multidimensionality of diet and physical activity behavior through pattern analysis; or integrated measurement of diet and physical activity along with the environmental context of such behaviors. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Research Project Grant (R01) grant mechanism runs in parallel with a FOA of identical scientific scope, PAR-09-225, that encourages applications under the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism, numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PAR-09-224|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Food and Nutrition Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-09-224|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 05, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 05, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jul 09, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jul 09, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 05, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Chronic Condition Self-Management in Children and Adolescents (R21)
- • Chronic Condition Self-Management in Children and Adolescents (R01)
- • Revision Awards to Institutional Training Programs to Advance Research on Alzheimers Disea...
- • Promoting Caregiver Health Using Self-Management (R01)
- • Improving Quality of Care and Quality of Life for Persons with Alzheimers Disease and Rela...
- • Ninr Career Transition Award (K22)
- • Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Individual Predoctoral Fell...
- • NINR Mentored Research Scientist Development Award for Underrepresented or Disadvantaged I...
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Quantitative Imaging Tools and Methods for Cancer Response Assessment (U01)
- • Research Program Award (R35)
- • Quantitative Imaging Tools and Methods for Cancer Therapy Response Assessment (UG3/UH3)
- • Juvenile Protective Factors and Their Effects on Aging (R03)
- • Juvenile Protective Factors and Their Effects on Aging (R01)