The summary for the Opportunity USDA-NIFA-AFRI-003040 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity USDA-NIFA-AFRI-003040: The Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) is the National Institute of Food and Agriculture's (NIFA) flagship competitive grant program and was established under section 7406 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (the 2008 Farm Bill). AFRI supports work in six priority areas: plant health and production and plant products; animal health and production and animal products; food safety, nutrition, and health; renewable energy, natural resources, and environment; agriculture systems and technology; and agriculture economics and rural communities. In FY 2010, AFRI is soliciting applications through seven Requests for Applications (RFA). One RFA calls for research projects addressing the above six priority areas. Additional RFAs further address AFRI priority areas in five societal challenge areas. The five challenge area RFAs are: Childhood Obesity Prevention; Climate Change; Food Safety; Global Food Security; and Sustainable Bioenergy. These RFAs will support research, education, and extension to achieve significant, measurable outcomes. NIFA will also release a single, separate NIFA Fellowships Grant Program RFA to fund pre- and postdoctoral fellowship grants in April 2010. This RFA addresses the Foundational Program.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity USDA-NIFA-AFRI-003040|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Education Energy Environment Food and Nutrition Health Natural Resources Regional Development Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-AFRI-003040|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 23, 2010 Aug 2|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 23, 2010 Aug 2|
|Posted Date:||Mar 22, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 22, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 22, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$64,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||125|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The Agriculture and Food Research Initiative makes awards under two legislative authorities with different eligibilities. Depending on Program Area Priorities and Project Type, the authority used and hence eligibility, may be different within a particular Program. Please check the Program Area Descriptions (beginning in Part I, C)) and the Eligibility Information section (Part III, A (page 4)) for specific information. Note restrictions that apply to integrated applicants. If you are unsure of your eligibility contact the Program Area Contact listed for clarification before applying. Applications from ineligible institutions will not be reviewed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET.
Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cyber-Physical Systems
- • Innovations at the Nexus of Food, Energy and Water Systems
- • National Robotics Initiative 2.0: Ubiquitous Collaborative Robots
- • Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • AFRI Food, Agriculture, Natural Resources and Human Sciences Education and Literacy Initia...
- • Opportunity USDA-CSREES-AFRI-001967
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Hispanic Serving Institutions -- Education Grants Program
- • Special Research Grants Program, Potato Breeding Research
- • 1890 Facilities Grants Program
- • SAECP Secondary Agriculture Education Challenge Grant Program
- • Alaska Native-Serving and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions Education Competitive Grant...