Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative
The summary for the Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the CSREES, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative: The OREI seeks to solve critical organic agriculture issues, priorities, or problems through the integration of research and extension activities. The purpose of this program is to fund projects that will enhance the ability of producers and processors who have already adopted organic standards to grow and market high quality organic agricultural products. Priority concerns include biological, physical, and social sciences, including economics. The OREI is particularly interested in projects that emphasize research and outreach that assist farmers and ranchers with whole farm planning and ecosystem integration. Projects should plan to deliver applied production information to producers. Fieldwork must be done on certified organic land or on land in transition to organic certification, as appropriate to project goals and objectives. Refer to the USDA National Organic Program (http://www.ams.usda.gov/nop) for organic production standards.
|Federal Grant Title:||Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||CSREES|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Employment Labor and Training Environment Food and Nutrition Health Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Mandatory|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-CSREES-ICGP-002012|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 09, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 09, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jan 21, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jan 21, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Apr 08, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$17,300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The following entities are eligible: 1. State agricultural experiment stations; 2. colleges and universities; 3. university research foundations; 4. other research institutions and organizations; 5. Federal agencies; 6. national laboratories; 7. private organizations or corporations; 8. individuals who are United States citizens or nationals; or 9. any group consisting of 2 or more of the entities described in subparagraphs (1) through (8).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CSREES Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET.
Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organic Research and Extension Initiative
- • Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative (OREI)
- More Grants from the CSREES
- • Interregional Research Project #4 Minor Crop Pest Management Program (IR-4)
- • Secondary Education, Two-Year Postsecondary Education, and Agriculture in the K-12 Classro...
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- • Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program
- • Children, Youth & Families at Risk Sustainable Community Projects