Organizational Capacity Building to Advocate for the People with Disabilities in Bangladesh
The summary for the Organizational Capacity Building to Advocate for the People with Disabilities in Bangladesh grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bangladesh USAID Dhaka, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Organizational Capacity Building to Advocate for the People with Disabilities in Bangladesh: The United Sates Agency for International Development in Dhaka, Bangladesh seeks applications for a Cooperative Agreement from qualified organizations to implement a project entitled "Organizational Capacity Building to Advocate for the People with Disabilities in Bangladesh ". Through this award, USAID/Bangladesh seeks to provide organizational and programming support to local Disabled Peoples' Organizations (DPOs) to build their capacity to advocate for the rights of the people with disabilities in Bangladesh. Through this project, DPOs will receive technical assistance to build and sustain their capacity to engage in rights-based advocacy for the protection of People With Disabilities (PWD) rights. This project will be a pilot initiative of USAID/Bangladesh. The specific objectives of the proposed project are to: 1. build the organizational and programming capacity of up to 20 DPOs to strengthen their local outreach and advocacy efforts; 2. facilitate DPOs mutual collaboration on national advocacy issues for the rights of the people with disabilities: and 3. facilitate collaboration of other USAID-funded projects such as those on local governance, political parties and media with the DPOs. The expected duration of the project is two years, depending on performance and availability of funding. The total two year cost of the project is estimated to be approximately $250,000 to $300,000
|Federal Grant Title:||Organizational Capacity Building to Advocate for the People with Disabilities in Bangladesh|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bangladesh USAID Dhaka|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USAID-BANGLADESH-388-09-003-RFA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2009|
|Posted Date:||May 18, 2009|
|Creation Date:||May 18, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Organizational Capacity Building
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- M. Sirajam Munir Acquisition & Assistance Specialist Phone 8855500
M. Sirajam Munir [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Bangladesh USAID Dhaka
- • USAID Bangladesh Protibesh Activity
- • Living Independently and Being Included in the Community (LIBC) with Disabilities.
- • Addendumusaidbangladesh Call For Partnership Concept Papers For Cox's Bazar Conflict Preve...
- • USAID Bangladesh Request for Information on Basic Education in Bandarban
- • Combating Tuberculosis (TB) in Urban Bangladesh (CombTB)