Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases
The summary for the Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases: The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) encourages submission of investigator-initiated grant applications for Phase III clinical trials to assess the efficacy and safety of preventive or therapeutic interventions for oral infectious diseases. Such interventions should have high potential for translation into clinical practice and for improving the oral health status of all Americans. NIDCRs prior support for basic and clinical research has shown that dental caries, periodontal diseases, and many other oral diseases involve infectious processes that result from the interplay of infectious agents, environmental influences (e.g., diet), genetic factors, and host response. This initiative seeks to accelerate the translation of such findings into well-documented, cost- effective interventions of proven efficacy for preventing and treating oral infectious diseases. Clinical trials focusing on the periodontal diseases and dental caries are particularly encouraged given the uniquely prominent role that these disorders have in the delivery and cost of oral health care as well as their widespread prevalence in the population. However, clinical trials involving other oral conditions with an infectious cause bacterial, viral, or fungal will also be considered responsive to this PA. Applications that address novel interventions, higher risk population groups with oral health care disparities, research gaps, and common pathologic mechanisms are particularly encouraged.
|Federal Grant Title:||Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-04-025|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Nov 24, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Nov 24, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Dec 01, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • NIH Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory - Demonstration Projects for Pragmatic Clin...
- • Implementation Science Research to Improve Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Health (U01)
- • In-Depth Phenotyping and Research Using IMPC-Generated Knockout Mouse Strains Exhibiting E...
- • Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Research Advancement Award (SC1)
- • "High" or "Medium" Priority AIDS Research on Non-AIDS-defining or AIDS-defining Cancers (R...
- • Epidemiological and Behavioral Research in Oral Health
- • Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome
- • NIDCR Exploratory and Developmental Grants in Clinical Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Leveraging Electronic Health Records for Alcohol Services Research (R21/R33)
- • Mechanisms of Cancer Drug Resistance and Sensitivity (U54)
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • Revision Applications for U.S.-South Africa Program for Collaborative Biomedical Research ...
- • Limited Competition: Revision Application for the Human Islet Research Network Coordinatin...