Pilot Clinical Trials in the Epidemiology, Prevention and Treatment of Respiratory Failure in Children
The summary for the Pilot Clinical Trials in the Epidemiology, Prevention and Treatment of Respiratory Failure in Children grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Pilot Clinical Trials in the Epidemiology, Prevention and Treatment of Respiratory Failure in Children: The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) and the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) solicit applications for clinical studies designed to enhance understanding and prevention and treatment of respiratory failure in children. The present clinical literature documents the efficacy of various treatment modalities, including mechanical ventilation strategies employing conventional and innovative techniques, over a wide range of parameters, manipulated with both invasive and non-invasive maneuvers. Survival of children mechanically ventilated for a wide variety of indications is now the rule. This RFA solicits clinical studies to 1) define and characterize acute and chronic respiratory failure of various etiologies in children; 2) develop new approaches to prevent the development of chronic functional disability in children who have been mechanically ventilated for any cause; and 3) ameliorate the effects of mechanical ventilation on child development (cognitive and interpersonal), cardiovascular stability, pulmonary function, and integration into school and home care. A separate RFA solicits basic and clinical research specifically addressing the problem of improving outcomes after childhood cardiopulmonary arrest, specifically, the effects of choice, timing and duration and intensity of therapies on functional outcomes.
|Federal Grant Title:||Pilot Clinical Trials in the Epidemiology, Prevention and Treatment of Respiratory Failure in Children|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-02-027|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 26, 2002|
|Posted Date:||Jul 26, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Dec 26, 2002|
|Archive Date:||Dec 26, 2002|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Research To Address Sleep Disorders in the Context of Medical Rehabilitation (R01)
- • NINR Clinical Trial Planning Grant (R34)
- • Chronic Condition Self-Management in Children and Adolescents (R21)
- • Chronic Condition Self-Management in Children and Adolescents (R01)
- • Revision Awards to Institutional Training Programs to Advance Research on Alzheimers Disea...
- • Ninr Career Transition Award (K22)
- • Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Individual Predoctoral Fell...
- • NINR Mentored Research Scientist Development Award for Underrepresented or Disadvantaged I...
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)