Prescription Drug Abuse
The summary for the Prescription Drug Abuse grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Prescription Drug Abuse: This PA supersedes PA-01-048, "Prescription Drug Abuse," issued on February 12, 2001 in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-01-048.html. In revising and reissuing this PA, NIDA continues to encourage research aimed at understanding and reducing prescription drug abuse while supporting appropriate medical use of therapeutic agents with abuse liability. To promote the Nations health, research is needed to understand the factors contributing to prescription drug abuse, to characterize the adverse medical, behavioral, and social consequences associated with this abuse, and to develop effective prevention and service delivery approaches and behavioral and pharmacological treatments. Applications to address this issue are encouraged across a broad range of experimental approaches including basic, clinical, epidemiological, prevention, and treatment studies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Prescription Drug Abuse|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-04-110|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jun 21, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jun 21, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Feb 02, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nicotinic Immune Modulation in the Presence of HIV-1 Infection (R01)
- • Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Advanced Molecular Detection in Support of Systems for Prevention,...
- • Drug Abuse Dissertation Research (R36)
- • Encouraging Appropriate Care Using Behavioral Economics through Electronic Health Records ...
- • Strategic Alliances for Medications Development to Treat Substance Use Disorders (R01)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Research to Understand the Impact of Sex Differences on the Molecular Determin...
- • Circadian Mechanisms Contributing to Obesity, Diabetes Metabolism, and Underlying Heart, L...
- • Translational Bioinformatics Approaches to Advance Drug Repositioning and Combination Ther...
- • Understanding the Effects of ApoE2 on the Interaction between Aging and Alzheimers Disease...
- • Exosomes: From Biogenesis and Secretion to the Early Pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease (...