Parkinson's Disease Biomarker Program (PDBP) Discovery Projects (U01)
The summary for the Parkinson's Disease Biomarker Program (PDBP) Discovery Projects (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Parkinson's Disease Biomarker Program (PDBP) Discovery Projects (U01): The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to support up to three years of study for the discovery, assay optimization, and replication stages required for the development of biological biomarkers for Parkinsons disease (PD).It is expected that studies funded under this FOA will integrate with and enhance the NINDS Parkinson's Disease Biomarker Program (PDBP). Discovery or pilot projects may use samples from either the PDBP or otherextant biospecimens and data, as long as consent for the extant biospecimens and data enables deposition of all data into the PDBP Data Management Resource (DMR). It is expected that the replication stage study will use PDBP biospecimensand data.This FOA is only for studies related to human biomarkers; animal or other disease model studies are not appropriate for this FOA. A timeline including milestones is required for all studies. Annual milestones will provide clear indicators of a project's continued success or emergent difficulties and will be used to evaluate the application not only in peer review but also in consideration of the awarded project for funding of non-competing award years.
|Federal Grant Title:||Parkinson's Disease Biomarker Program (PDBP) Discovery Projects (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-14-259|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 4, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 4, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jun 16, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jun 16, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jun 4, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$490,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Special district governments
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Independent school districts
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • NINDS Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Training of Postdocto...
- • Peripheral Pathology in the Lewy Body Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Mechanistic Basis of TDP-43-dependent Pathobiology in Common Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial...
- • The NINDS Human Cell and Data Repository (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Discovery of Biomarkers and Biomarker Signatures for Neurological and Neuromuscular Disord...
- • NINDS Cooperative Small Business Awards In Translational Research (SBIR/U44)
- • NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research
- • Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...