Partnerships for Development of New Therapeutic Classes for Select Viral and Bacterial Pathogens (R01)
The summary for the Partnerships for Development of New Therapeutic Classes for Select Viral and Bacterial Pathogens (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Partnerships for Development of New Therapeutic Classes for Select Viral and Bacterial Pathogens (R01): Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH), invites research applications in support of preclinical development of lead candidate therapeutics against Nesseria gonorrhoeae, Hepatitis B Virus and Clostridium difficile. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the R01 award mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NIAID intends to commit $6 million in total costs in FY2011 to fund 6-10 applications in response to this FOA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Partnerships for Development of New Therapeutic Classes for Select Viral and Bacterial Pathogens (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-10-010|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 08, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 08, 2010|
|Posted Date:||May 03, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 03, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 08, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Biomedical Prevention of HIV Research Education (R25)
- • Partnerships for Next Generation Biodefense Diagnostics (R01)
- • National Biocontainment Laboratories (NBLs) Operations Support Limited Competition (UC7)
- • International Extramural Associates Research Development Awards (IEARDA) [G11]
- • Non-Antibiotic Selectable Markers for Biodefense (R21)
- • Partnerships to Improve Diagnosis and Treatment of Selected Drug-Resistant Healthcare-Asso...
- • Cooperative Research Partnerships for Biodefense (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)