Partnerships to Improve Diagnosis and Treatment of Selected Drug-Resistant Healthcare-Associated Infections (U01)
The summary for the Partnerships to Improve Diagnosis and Treatment of Selected Drug-Resistant Healthcare-Associated Infections (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Partnerships to Improve Diagnosis and Treatment of Selected Drug-Resistant Healthcare-Associated Infections (U01): -To support the development of rapid diagnostics capable of identifying specific bacterial strains and drug resistant phenotypes for the following healthcare-associated pathogens: Clostridium difficile, Pseudomonas, Acinetobacter, Enterobacter, Klebsiella, Serratia, Proteus, and Stenotrophomonas (Pseudomonas) maltophilia. -To support the development of therapeutics for the same pathogens: Clostridium difficile, Pseudomonas, Acinetobacter, Enterobacter, Klebsiella, Serratia, Proteus, and Stenotrophomonas (Pseudomonas) maltophilia -FY2007 total anticipated amount to be awarded: $3 million
|Federal Grant Title:||Partnerships to Improve Diagnosis and Treatment of Selected Drug-Resistant Healthcare-Associated Infections (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-06-036|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 28, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Jun 06, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jun 06, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 28, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education City or township governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Special district governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply. Any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research is invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support. Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct. See Section IV.1 for application materials.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Biomedical Prevention of HIV Research Education (R25)
- • Partnerships for Next Generation Biodefense Diagnostics (R01)
- • National Biocontainment Laboratories (NBLs) Operations Support Limited Competition (UC7)
- • Partnerships for Development of New Therapeutic Classes for Select Viral and Bacterial Pat...
- • Non-Antibiotic Selectable Markers for Biodefense (R21)
- • Cooperative Research Partnerships for Biodefense (U01)
- • Pharmacological Approaches to Combating Antimicrobial Resistance (R01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Research to Understand the Impact of Sex Differences on the Molecular Determin...
- • Circadian Mechanisms Contributing to Obesity, Diabetes Metabolism, and Underlying Heart, L...
- • Translational Bioinformatics Approaches to Advance Drug Repositioning and Combination Ther...
- • Understanding the Effects of ApoE2 on the Interaction between Aging and Alzheimers Disease...
- • Exosomes: From Biogenesis and Secretion to the Early Pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease (...