Pipestone National Monument Cultural Demonstrator Program
The summary for the Pipestone National Monument Cultural Demonstrator Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Pipestone National Monument Cultural Demonstrator Program: This announcement is to provide public notice of the NPS's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities without competition. This project creates awareness of American Indian cultural heritage, with emphasis on the preservation of the pipestone pipe making culture and perpetuation of other forms of pipestone carvings representative of American Indian Cultures. The NPS substantial involvement is to collaborate with the recipient to jointly organize and deliver interpretation of the American Indian cultural heritage for promoting historic preservation to the public visiting the park. The cultural demonstrators will educate 70,000 visitors and general public through interpretation about the sacredness and significance of the pipestone. Demonstrators will discuss how American Indians learned to carve; the importance of the pipestone to their heritage; and to be able to educate and share their knowledge of this trade of a potentially dying craft/belief. NPS will assign a coordinator to work directly with the recipient on assigned interpretation and daily contact and activities. The public purpose is to enhance and foster visitors' understanding and appreciation of the contemporary and historic American Indian use and significance of the pipestone quarries. The project promotes greater public and private participation in historic preservation programs, and activities. The Recipient has contacts and contextual understanding of the park's resources and its historical/traditionally associated use with regard to the rock material being carved into Plains Indian style pipes.
|Federal Grant Title:||Pipestone National Monument Cultural Demonstrator Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-NOIP19AC00053|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 14th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 14th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||April 4th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||April 4th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||May 14th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 4th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- This announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service’s intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katherine S Borschel
Grants Management Specialist
Contact Via Email
- Similar Government Grants
- • Educational program emphasizing the cultural and natural resources of Glacier National Par...
- • Lower B500 Road Removal in Redwood National Park
- • Historical Ecology to Understand Human Responses to Environmental and Climate Change: Rese...
- • Cooperative Agreement with Golden Gate National parks Conservancy and Golden Gate National...
- • Maintenance of Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural NHS
- • Hot Springs National Park
- • Assess and Report on economic impact of Federal Historic Tax Credits
- • American Institute of Architects cooperative agreement
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area