Population Genetics and Viability Analyses for NPS and FWS Bison Herds
The summary for the Population Genetics and Viability Analyses for NPS and FWS Bison Herds grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Population Genetics and Viability Analyses for NPS and FWS Bison Herds: The NPS has authorized FY15-17 funding through the internally competitive NPS-SCC-Natural Resource Funding Source for a project entitled NPS 21st Century Bison Conservation Management (PMIS 192433) in order to collaboratively develop state-of-knowledge about American Bison genetics and population viability to serve as a scientifically valid foundation for collaborative conservation of the American Bison through the 21st century. This Task Agreement utilizes NPS FY15 funding to directly address specific tasks denoted below that specifically address priorities as described in the 2008 DOI Bison Conservation Initiative, the 2010 IUCN American Bison Conservation Assessment, and the 2011 NPS Call to Action. The outcomes of this Task Agreement utilizing FY15 NPS funds will contribute directly to additional FY16-17 Bison conservation activities to be conducted through NPS PMIS 192433.
|Federal Grant Title:||Population Genetics and Viability Analyses for NPS and FWS Bison Herds|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P15AS00356|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Research and Training Programs - Resources of the National Park System|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||Aug 28, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Aug 28, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Sep 7, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$178,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$178,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- STEVE LIVINGSTON, 303-969-2690
Notice of Intent to Award. No applications will be accepted.
National Park Service 303-898-9819
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area