Pre-Application for the 2010 NIDA Avant-Garde Award Program for HIV/AIDS Research (X02)
The summary for the Pre-Application for the 2010 NIDA Avant-Garde Award Program for HIV/AIDS Research (X02) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Pre-Application for the 2010 NIDA Avant-Garde Award Program for HIV/AIDS Research (X02): Purpose. The NIDA Avant-Garde Award Program for HIV/AIDS Research is meant to complement NIDAs traditional investigator-initiated grant programs by supporting individual scientists of exceptional creativity who propose high-impact research that will open new avenues for prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS among drug abusers.The term avant-garde is used to describe highly innovative approaches that have the potential to be transformative open new areas of research or lead to new avenues of treatment and prevention for HIV/AIDS among drug abusers.The proposed research should reflect ideas substantially different from those already being pursued by the investigator or others. The research proposed must be in an area described in the Trans NIH Plan for HIV-Related Research (http://www.oar.nih.gov/strategicplan/fy2010/index.asp). The 2010 Avant-Garde Award competition will proceed in two phases.The X02 pre-application is the first phase.X02 pre-applications will be reviewed by external reviewers to identify the most outstanding applications (applications from individuals of exceptional creativity who propose highly significant and innovative projects that are not appropriate for traditional grant mechanisms). Those investigators whose submissions are judged to be the most outstanding will be notified of the opportunity to submit full applications under RFA-DA-10-012. All awards will be made under RFA-DA-10-012.No awards will be made under this announcement.For additional information, consult the FAQs at http://drugabuse.gov/avgp.html. Mechanism of Support. This announcement utilizes the X02 mechanism for submission and consideration of pre-applications.Pre-applications are a necessary first step in applying for a 2010 Avant-Garde Award. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. No awards will be made under this announcement.Through the associated FOA (RFA-DA-10-012), NIDA expects to commit approximately $ 2 million per year for 5 years to fund 2-3 awards.
|Federal Grant Title:||Pre-Application for the 2010 NIDA Avant-Garde Award Program for HIV/AIDS Research (X02)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-068|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 01, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 01, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Dec 18, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Dec 18, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Apr 01, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Single Cell Opioid Responses in the Context of HIV (SCORCH) Program: Data Coordination, An...
- • Targeting Inflammasomes in Substance Abuse and HIV (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Research Networks for the Study of Recovery Support Services for Persons Treated with Medi...
- • The Rat Opioid Genome Project: Clinical Trials not Allowed (U01- Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • The National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network (UG1 Clinical Trial Required)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...