Pre-Application for the 2012 NIDA Translational Avant-Garde Award for Medication Development for the Treatment of Substance-Use Disorders (X02)
The summary for the Pre-Application for the 2012 NIDA Translational Avant-Garde Award for Medication Development for the Treatment of Substance-Use Disorders (X02) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Pre-Application for the 2012 NIDA Translational Avant-Garde Award for Medication Development for the Treatment of Substance-Use Disorders (X02): The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to encourage pre-applications for the NIDA Translational Avant-Garde Award. The NIDA Translational Avant-Garde Award is designed to support dedicated and talented basic and/or clinical researchers with the vision, drive and expertise necessary to translate research discoveries into medications for the treatment of Substance-Use Disorders (SUDs). Through this FOA, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is committed to making significant advances in the development of safe and efficacious medications for the treatment of SUDs stemming from tobacco, cannabis, cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, or prescription opiate use or abuse.
|Federal Grant Title:||Pre-Application for the 2012 NIDA Translational Avant-Garde Award for Medication Development for the Treatment of Substance-Use Disorders (X02)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-11-269|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 20, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 20, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 29, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 29, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Nov 20, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Functional Genetics, Epigenetics, and Non-coding RNAs in Substance Use Disorders (R01)
- • Evaluating the NIDA Standardized Research E-Cigarette in Risk Reduction and Related Studie...
- • Functional Genetics, Epigenetics, and Non-coding RNAs in Substance Use Disorders (R21)
- • Discovering Novel Targets: The Molecular Genetics of Drug Addiction and Related Co-Morbidi...
- • NIDA Core "Center of Excellence" Grant Program (P30)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)