Preclinical Therapeutics Development for NeuroAIDS (R21)
The summary for the Preclinical Therapeutics Development for NeuroAIDS (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Preclinical Therapeutics Development for NeuroAIDS (R21): The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and its Center for Mental Health Research on AIDS as well as the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) invite applications proposing novel models of HIV-related central or peripheral nervous system damage that can be used to screen for compounds showing promise as treatments in the patient population.
|Federal Grant Title:||Preclinical Therapeutics Development for NeuroAIDS (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-528|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Mental Health Research Grants 93.279 Drug Abuse Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Aug 21, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Aug 21, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 02, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.853 -- Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) County governments For profit organizations other than small businesses City or township governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Independent school districts Special district governments State governments Small businesses Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...