Preservation and Documentation of NPS Museum Collections
The summary for the Preservation and Documentation of NPS Museum Collections grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Preservation and Documentation of NPS Museum Collections: During the performance period, the University will be charged with the following tasks towards completing Baseline Documentation and other requirements for the National Park Service. Assist Museum Resource Center and park staff with the preparation of NPS Baseline Documentation for the National Capital Region Museum Management Program. This includes preparation of Scopes of Collections Statements, Museum Housekeeping Plans, Integrated Pest Management Plans and creating complete catalog records and entering those records in the Interior Collections Management System (ICMS).In addition, students or recent graduates will perform other museum management tasks such as: Inventorying museum objects Registration of incoming objects; Sorting, identifying. tagging and rehousing objects for long term storage; Assisting in deaccessioning museum objects inappropriate to the collection; Assisting park curators or other park based staff in duties similar to those listedabove- in the parks of National Capital Region.
|Federal Grant Title:||Preservation and Documentation of NPS Museum Collections|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P18AS00707|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 28th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 28th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||September 18th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||September 18th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||October 28th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$75,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 18th, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- This is a Notice of Intent to Award, not a request for applications and no applications will be accepted under this announcement. The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to fund this project without competition as a modification to an existing task agreement under an existing cooperative agreement with George Washington University .
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- LaQuita Palmer
Grants Management Specialist
This is a Notice of Intent to awarod Only.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area