Prevention Research for the Transition to Adulthood
The summary for the Prevention Research for the Transition to Adulthood grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Prevention Research for the Transition to Adulthood: The period spanning late adolescence and young adulthood (roughly from 18 through 25 years of age), is characterized by various developmental tasks and life changes and choices; it also is the period when use and abuse of drugs peak. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) seeks research grant applications focused on this transitional period that test the efficacy of interventions to prevent and/or reduce drug use, abuse, and related problems including HIV-risk behaviors. Interventions should be based on existing knowledge of the etiology and patterns of drug use and abuse. Studies focusing solely on alcohol use will not be considered as responsive to this RFA. A related NIDA RFA (DA-04-009), Behavioral and Cognitive Processes Related to Adolescent Drug Abuse (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-DA-04-009.html), is designed to focus on the entire period of adolescence and on basic cognitive and biobehavioral processes related to drug abuse.
|Federal Grant Title:||Prevention Research for the Transition to Adulthood|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DA-04-013|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 23, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Dec 08, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Apr 22, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Apr 22, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Single Cell Opioid Responses in the Context of HIV (SCORCH) Program: Data Coordination, An...
- • Targeting Inflammasomes in Substance Abuse and HIV (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Research Networks for the Study of Recovery Support Services for Persons Treated with Medi...
- • The Rat Opioid Genome Project: Clinical Trials not Allowed (U01- Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • The National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network (UG1 Clinical Trial Required)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...