Prevention Research with HIV Positive Individuals (R21)
The summary for the Prevention Research with HIV Positive Individuals (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Prevention Research with HIV Positive Individuals (R21): -Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by the National Institute Mental Health (NIMH), National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), and Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) invites interdisciplinary studies addressing the psychosocial and behavioral consequences of HIV disease. Over the past decade, secondary prevention in HIV disease, or positive prevention , has received a much needed increase in attention. Gains have been made toward the aim of decreasing HIV transmission behaviors and improving quality of life among individuals living with HIV/AIDS, as well as understanding factors that are important to healthy coping. In this program announcement, further opportunities for innovation in this field are indicated. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) award mechanism and runs in parallel with FOAs of similar scientific scope, PA-08-107, which solicits applications under the Research Grant (R01) mechanism; PA-08-108 which solicits applications under the Small Grant (R03) mechanism; and PA-06-248, which solicits applications under the Exploratory Grants for Mental Health Interventions and Services (R34) mechanism. Please note that the participating organizations vary across this set of FOAs. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Prevention Research with HIV Positive Individuals (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-08-109|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Mental Health Research Grants 93.361 Nursing Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Mar 18, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Mar 18, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.865 -- Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education State governments City or township governments County governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Independent school districts For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Special district governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Small businesses Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
[email protected] If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...