Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity in Primary Care Settings
The summary for the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity in Primary Care Settings grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity in Primary Care Settings: Research projects responsive to this solicitation would test intervention programs delivered in primary care practices, including dental practices, to improve dietary and physical activity behaviors of pediatric patients in order to prevent excessive weight gain in children at risk for obesity and/or to prevent further weight gain or to promote weight loss in children who are already obese. Intervention programs to be tested should be feasible for delivery in a wide range of primary care practice settings, such as a pediatrician's office, a family physician's office, a dentist's office, a managed care organization, or a primary care clinic. Interventions should promote reduction in dietary energy intake, increased energy expenditure through physical activity, increased physical fitness, decreased sedentary behaviors, and/or modification of other behaviors that would lead to an increase in the proportion of children with age-appropriate body weight for stature when evaluated against a control/comparison group not exposed to the intervention.
|Federal Grant Title:||Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity in Primary Care Settings|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health Food and Nutrition Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-04-020|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research 93.213 Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 23, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Aug 04, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Dec 23, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.307 -- Loan Repayment for Health Disparities Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...