Prevention of HIV Transmission/Acquisition through a better understanding of Reproductive Health (R01)
The summary for the Prevention of HIV Transmission/Acquisition through a better understanding of Reproductive Health (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Prevention of HIV Transmission/Acquisition through a better understanding of Reproductive Health (R01): This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) issued by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH), invites Research Project Grant (R01) applications to further our understanding of HIV acquisition/transmission by increasing our knowledge regarding the intersection between reproductive health and HIV prevention. The emphasis of the FOA is to encourage comprehensive behavioral-biomedical approaches that can lead to new insights in HIV prevention research. This FOA is not intended to fund drug discovery or large scale clinical trials.
|Federal Grant Title:||Prevention of HIV Transmission/Acquisition through a better understanding of Reproductive Health (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-13-008|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 29, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 29, 2012|
|Posted Date:||September 11th, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Sep 11, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Dec 30, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Accelerating Discovery of Efficacious Pre-erythrocytic Stage Malaria Vaccines (U01 Clinica...
- • Understanding Phage Biology to Support the Development of Bacteriophage Therapy (R21 Clini...
- • Sustained Release of Antivirals for Treatment or Prevention of HIV (SRATP) (R01 Clinical T...
- • NIAID Career Transition Award (K22 Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells (MDSCs) as Potential Therapeutic Targets in TB/HIV (R01 C...
- • Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI)
- • Genomics of Transplantation Cooperative Research Program
- • Asthma and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...