Professional Development Program CFDA 84.299B
The summary for the Professional Development Program CFDA 84.299B grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Professional Development Program CFDA 84.299B: .Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the Professional Development program is to (1) Increase the number of qualified Indian individuals in professions that serve Indians; (2) provide training to qualified Indian individuals to become teachers, administrators, teacher aides, social workers, and ancillary educational personnel; and (3) improve the skills of qualified Indian individuals who serve in the education field. Activities may include, but are not limited to, continuing programs, symposia, workshops, conferences, and direct financial support. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.299B. Applications for grants under the Professional Development program, CFDA Number 84.299B must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at http://www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for Professional Development at http://www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program or competition by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.326, not 84.326B). The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726.
|Federal Grant Title:||Professional Development Program CFDA 84.299B|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-021607-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Special Projects Demonstration Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 19, 2007 Applications Available: February 16,|
|Posted Date:||Feb 16, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Feb 16, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Apr 18, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,901,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||9|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Eligible applicants for this program are institutions of higher education, including Indian institutions of higher education; State educational agencies or local educational agencies in a consortium with institutions of higher education; Indian tribes or organizations in consortium with institutions of higher education; and Bureau of Indian Affairs-funded schools. An application from a consortium of eligible entities must meet the requirements of 34 CFR 75.127 through 75.129. An application from a consortium of eligible entities must submit the consortium agreement, signed by all parties, with the application. Letters of support do not meet the requirement for a consortium agreement. In order to be considered an eligible entity, applicants, including institutions of higher education, must be eligible to provide the level and type of degree proposed in the application or must apply in a consortium with an institution of higher education that is eligible to grant the target degree. Applicants applying in a consortium with or as an "Indian organization" must demonstrate eligibility by showing how the "Indian organization" meets all the criteria outlined in 34 CFR 263.3. The term "Indian institution of higher education" means an accredited college or university within the United States cited in section 532 of the Equity in Educational Land-Grant Status Act of 1994 (7 U.S.C. 301 note), any other institution that qualifies for funding under the Tribally Controlled College or University Assistance Act of 1978 (25 U.S.C. 1801 et seq.), and Dine College (formerly Navajo Community College), authorized in the Navajo Community College Assistance Act of 1978 (25 U.S.C. 640a et seq.). We will reject any application that does not meet these requirements.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 5C152 Washington, DC 20202-6335
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Office of Indian Education (OIE): Ind...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESEO): Office of Indian Education (OIE): Pr...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Office of Indian Education (OIE): Dem...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Office of Indian Education (OIE): Pro...
- • Indian Education--Demonstration Grants for Indian Children - CFDA 84.299A
- • Demonstration Grants for Indian Children 84.299A
- • Professional Development under Indian Education 84.299B
- • Professional Development Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Expanding Opportunity Through Quality Charter ...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abr...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): College Assistance Migrant Program (C...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): High School Equivalency Program (HEP)...
- • Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program CDFA Number 84.021A