Program Area of Interest 1 - Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
The summary for the Program Area of Interest 1 - Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Energy Technology Laboratory, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Program Area of Interest 1 - Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP): Area of Interest 1: Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) DOE's Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) reduces energy costs for low-income households by increasing the energy efficiency of their homes while ensuring their health and safety. DOE provides funding to states, which manage the day-to-day details of the program. Low-income families receive services from a network of more than 900 local weatherization service providers. For more information, see the Weatherization Assistance Program Web site. Under Area of Interest 1, DOE is seeking applications in support of regional technical analysis and outreach. The specific objectives under this Area of Interest are to: 1. Implement Weatherization Plus (more information on this program can be located at http://www.waptac.org/sp.asp?id=1818) which focuses on whole-house energy usage and whole-community efforts, as opposed to traditional heating and cooling conservation. 2. Increase technical and management skills, continuing to build the technical base of the program by enhancing the WAP management delivery system in states with great economic needs (i.e. training and workshops). 3. Develop climate/geographic specific strategies to enhance the WAP energy savings. Requests that support the hot climate initiative will receive the highest consideration. 4. Enhance the understanding of actual energy savings, e.g. by developing and verifying new audit tools and improving data collection methods to enhance program management metrics. 5. Support efforts to expand and enhance the Public Information Campaign (located at: http://www.waptac.org/sp.asp?mc=public_overview). 6. Through training or workshops, educate the states/WAP network on alternative financing methods (e.g. energy services performance contracts, energy efficient mortgages, utility on-bill financing), and increase the number of eligible homes weatherized.
|Federal Grant Title:||Program Area of Interest 1 - Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Energy Technology Laboratory|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-PS26-08NT00153-01|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Information Dissemination, Outreach, Training and Technical Analysis/Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 09, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Mar 12, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Mar 12, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jul 12, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- using this
email@example.com If you have any problems linking to the funding opportunity please contact the IIPS HelpDesk
- Similar Government Grants
- • Combined Heat and Power Technical Assistance Partnerships
- • Extending Industrial Assessment Centers to Underserved Areas
- • Innovative Pathways
- • Industrial Assessment Centers Technical Field Manager
- • Notice of Intent to Issue Funding Opportunity Announcement: Extending Industrial Assessmen...
- • Area of Interest 1: Low Temperature Combustion -- FreedomCAR and Vehicle Technologies Prog...
- • Area of Interest 2: Emission Control Devices -- FreedomCAR and Vehicle Technologies Progra...
- • Area of Interest 3: Technologies to Enhance Engine Efficiency -- FreedomCAR and Vehicle Te...
- More Grants from the National Energy Technology Laboratory
- • Opportunity Notice for Parties Interested in Partnering with the National Energy Technolog...
- • Regional Energy Technology Innovation Ecosystems Characterization Assessments
- • Fiscal Year 2017 Vehicle Technologies Deployment Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Support of Fossil Energy Research at U.S. Colleges and Universities Including University C...
- • Fiscal Year 2017 Vehicle Technologies Program Wide Funding Opportunity Announcement