Program for Extramural/Intramural Alcohol Research Collaborations (U01)
The summary for the Program for Extramural/Intramural Alcohol Research Collaborations (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Program for Extramural/Intramural Alcohol Research Collaborations (U01): -The purpose of this funding opportunity is to encourage collaboration between alcohol researchers in the extramural community and those within the NIAAA intramural research program. The objective of this Funding Opportunity Announcement is to bring together the research expertise that, as a functioning collaborative unit, will address key alcohol-based research questions that would not otherwise be possible by the same individuals working towards similar goals in isolation. The goal of the research proposed by the collaborating investigators should address questions that advance the alcohol research field with respect to issues surrounding alcohol use disorders including dependence, and the effects of alcohol on health. -NIAAA intends to commit a total of $1.0 M for this funding opportunity and expects to make 3-5 awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. -The NIH U01 cooperative agreement award mechanism will be used. The NIH Intramural Scientist will be a tenured or tenure-track scientist from the NIAAA Intramural division, with whom the PI has made prior contact for the collaborative project.
|Federal Grant Title:||Program for Extramural/Intramural Alcohol Research Collaborations (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-08-005|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Oct 09, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Dec 03, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 04, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education City or township governments State governments Special district governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Small businesses For profit organizations other than small businesses County governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Integrative Research on Polysubstance Abuse and Disorder (R61/R33 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Consortium on the Neurobiology of Adolescent Drinking in Adulthood (NADIA) Administrative ...
- • Consortium on the Neurobiology of Adolescent Drinking in Adulthood (NADIA) Research Resour...
- • Consortium on the Neurobiology of Adolescent Drinking in Adulthood (NADIA) Research Projec...
- • Accelerating the Pace of Drug Abuse Research Using Existing Data (R01 Clinical Trial Optio...
- • Mechanisms of Alcoholic Pancreatitis
- • Alcohol Abuse and Hiv/Aids in Resource-Poor Societies
- • Mechanisms of Alcohol-Induced Tissue Injury
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...