Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery
The summary for the Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery: The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Grant Program/Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery Management Plans (CRFMPGP) provides funding to the Regional Fishery Management Councils for projects to conserve and manage coral reef fisheries, as authorized under the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000. Projects funded through the CRFMPGP are for activities that (1) provide better scientific information on the status of coral reef fisheries resources, critical habitats of importance to coral reef fishes, and the impacts of fishing on these species and habitats; (2) identify new management approaches that protect coral reef biodiversity and ecosystem function through regulation of fishing and other extractive uses; and (3) incorporate conservation and sustainable management measures into existing or new Federal fishery management plans for coral reef species. Proposals selected for funding through this solicitation will be implemented through a Cooperative Agreement. The role of NOAA in the CRFMPGP is to help identify potential projects that reduce impacts of fishing on coral reef ecosystems, strengthen the development and implementation of the projects, and assist in coordination of these efforts with Federal, state, territory or commonwealth management authorities and various coral reef user groups. Funding up to $1,050,000 is expected to be available for CRFMPGP Cooperative Agreements in FY 2008. These funds will be divided equally among the Atlantic and Pacific to maintain the geographic split required by the Act. The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program anticipates that awards will range from $175,000-$525,000.
|Federal Grant Title:||Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources Environment Science and Technology Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NMFS-HCPO-2008-2001027|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Regional Fishery Management Councils|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 01, 2007 Applications should be submitted via|
|Posted Date:||Jul 03, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jul 03, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 01, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,050,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$525,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council, the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council, the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council, and the Caribbean Fishery Management Council.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher
email@example.com Contact if you have a problem downloading application forms.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • FY14-16 CRCP Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery Management Plans
- • NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Grant Program/Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery...
- More Grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- • NOAA Regional Ocean Partnership Funding Program - FY2013 Funding Competition
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- • Great Lakes Areas of Concern Land Acquisition Grants
- • 2009 Fisheries Extension Transition