Promoting Use of Local Volunteer Radiation Professionals in Existing Health Volunteer Programs to Assist in Population Monitoring and Public Shelter Operations
The summary for the Promoting Use of Local Volunteer Radiation Professionals in Existing Health Volunteer Programs to Assist in Population Monitoring and Public Shelter Operations grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Promoting Use of Local Volunteer Radiation Professionals in Existing Health Volunteer Programs to Assist in Population Monitoring and Public Shelter Operations: The purpose of this project is to promote development of self-sustaining volunteer emergency response programs that include volunteer radiation protection professionals. This program addresses the Healthy People 2020 focus areas of environmental health, public health infrastructure, and education and community-based programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Promoting Use of Local Volunteer Radiation Professionals in Existing Health Volunteer Programs to Assist in Population Monitoring and Public Shelter Operations|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-EH11-1101|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Public Health and Emergency Response|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 24, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jun 24, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Aug 24, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicant The eligible applicant that can apply for this funding opportunity is listed below: Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors, Inc. (CRCDP) The CRCPD is in a unique position to oversee and promote uniform standards and best practices across all States. It is the single organization that represents radiation control programs in all 50 States. Each State Radiation Control Director is a member of the CRCPD; which facilitates the dissemination of uniform standards and best practices; as well as bridges the communication gaps and inconsistencies among responder agencies.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Procurement and Grants Office TIMS Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Implementation of the Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- • Maintenance and Enhancement of the Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- • Comprehensive Asthma Control Through Evidence-based Strategies and Public Health'Health Ca...
- • Health Impact Assessment for Improved Community Design
- • State-Based Public Health Laboratory Biomonitoring Programs
- • Revitalizing Core Environmental Health Programs through the Environmental Health Specialis...
- • Community Health Centers Childhood Rural Asthma Project
- • San Antonio Metropolitan Health District, San Antonio, TX for a program to assess the heal...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...