Protected Species Cooperative Conservation
The summary for the Protected Species Cooperative Conservation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Protected Species Cooperative Conservation: The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) is soliciting applications to support the conservation of threatened and endangered species, recently de-listed species, and candidate species under the jurisdiction of the NMFS or under the joint jurisdiction of the NMFS and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (e.g. sea turtles). Any state that has entered into an agreement with the NMFS and maintains an adequate and active program for the conservation of endangered and threatened species pursuant to section 6(c) of the Endangered Species Act of 1973 (ESA) is eligible to apply. These financial assistance awards can be used to support management, monitoring, research, and outreach activities that provide direct conservation benefits to listed species, recently de-listed species, or candidate species that reside within that state. Projects involving North Atlantic right whales will not be considered for funding under this grant program; such projects may be submitted under the North Atlantic Right Whale Research Program of the NMFS Northeast Regional Office. Projects focusing on listed Pacific salmon will also not be considered under this grant program; State conservation efforts for these species are funded through the Pacific Salmon Coastal Recovery Fund. The program priorities for this opportunity support NOAA's mission support goal of ``Ecosystems''.
|Federal Grant Title:||Protected Species Cooperative Conservation|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Education Science and Technology Natural Resources Environment|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NMFS-PRPO-2008-2001012|
|Type of Funding:||Grant Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Unallied Science Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2007 Proposals submitted through Grants.g|
|Posted Date:||Jul 03, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jul 03, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Oct 15, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are states that, through their respective state agencies, have entered into an agreement with the NMFS pursuant to section 6(c) of the ESA. The terms `state' and `state agency' are used as defined in section 3 of the ESA. Currently eligible state agencies are from the following states: Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Any state agency that enters into a section 6(c) agreement with the NMFS prior to the application deadline (September 15, 2007) is also eligible to apply. Proposals may address federally listed species that are included in the state's ESA section 6 agreement or any species that has become a ``candidate'' species by the grant application deadline.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher
Phone 301-713-0926 email@example.com Contact if you have a problem downloading application forms.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program)
- • Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
- • FY20 Bluefin Tuna Research Program
- • Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit Broad Agency A...
- • 2019 Bycatch Reduction Engineering Program
- • Proactive Species Conservation Program
- More Grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- • NOAA Regional Ocean Partnership Funding Program - FY2013 Funding Competition
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- • Great Lakes Areas of Concern Land Acquisition Grants
- • 2009 Fisheries Extension Transition