Providing Capacity-Building Assistance to Government and Indigenous Congolese Organizations to Improve HIV/AIDS Service Delivery in the Democratic Republic of Congo under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
The summary for the Providing Capacity-Building Assistance to Government and Indigenous Congolese Organizations to Improve HIV/AIDS Service Delivery in the Democratic Republic of Congo under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Providing Capacity-Building Assistance to Government and Indigenous Congolese Organizations to Improve HIV/AIDS Service Delivery in the Democratic Republic of Congo under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief: The purpose of this program is to enhance HIV/AIDS control efforts in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) by improving the human, organizational, and structural capacity of governmental and indigenous Congolese non-governmental organizations (NGO) in the following program areas: laboratory infrastructure, strategic information, policy analysis, health systems strengthening, and human resources. This assistance is aimed at improving overall coverage and uptake of HIV/AIDS, related disease and sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) services in the capital city of Kinshasa, Province Orientale and Katanga Province. Capacity-building assistance may include, but is not limited to, the provision of financial assistance, technical assistance, information, training, technology transfer and other related services in order to improve the delivery and effectiveness of services and intervention related to HIV prevention, care and treatment, and sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV).
|Federal Grant Title:||Providing Capacity-Building Assistance to Government and Indigenous Congolese Organizations to Improve HIV/AIDS Service Delivery in the Democratic Republic of Congo under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH11-1138|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Feb 24, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Apr 12, 2011|
|Archive Date:||May 29, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are: Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education) Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education) For-profit organizations (other than small business) Small, minority, and women-owned businesses Universities Colleges Research institutions Hospitals Community-based organizations Faith-based organizations Non-domestic (non-U.S.) entity Non-profit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education) Federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations Alaska Native health corporations Urban Indian health organizations Tribal epidemiology centers Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States) Other (specify) A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a letter from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Attach with Other Attachment Forms when submitting via www.grants.gov.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2