Radiation Health Protection and Measurements in the Event of a Public Health Response in Emergencies Involving Radiation or Radioactive Materials
The summary for the Radiation Health Protection and Measurements in the Event of a Public Health Response in Emergencies Involving Radiation or Radioactive Materials grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Radiation Health Protection and Measurements in the Event of a Public Health Response in Emergencies Involving Radiation or Radioactive Materials: The CDC/NCEH/RSB seeks to develop guidance related to radiation health protection and measurements. Such guidance should address the following areas: variation in the biological effectiveness of photons, in utero radiation effects, management of contaminated persons, exposure of the U.S. population to ionizing radiation, response to radiological terrorism, and low-dose and low dose-rate radiation biological effects. The guidance assembled through this project would be used by States, local public health departments, as well as the federal government, to aid those entities in issuing policies, guidance and recommendations to be used in public health response in emergencies involving radiation or radioactive materials.
|Federal Grant Title:||Radiation Health Protection and Measurements in the Event of a Public Health Response in Emergencies Involving Radiation or Radioactive Materials|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-EH11-1106|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Public Health and Emergency Response|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 01, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 01, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 06, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 06, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Aug 31, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is limited to the National Council on Radiation Protection
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information and Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
General submission inquiries [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Implementation of the Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- • Maintenance and Enhancement of the Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- • Comprehensive Asthma Control Through Evidence-based Strategies and Public Health'Health Ca...
- • Health Impact Assessment for Improved Community Design
- • State-Based Public Health Laboratory Biomonitoring Programs
- • Revitalizing Core Environmental Health Programs through the Environmental Health Specialis...
- • Community Health Centers Childhood Rural Asthma Project
- • San Antonio Metropolitan Health District, San Antonio, TX for a program to assess the heal...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...